t my first attempt, I cross compiled all packages by hand. This involved a lot of tweaking. Most packages weren’t completely suited for cross compilation, others completely not. Each package took me a couple of hours, complicated packages a lot longer.

When I tried to cross-compile mediatomb, I finally decided to take another approach. Qemu and scratchbox looked a much better solution, therefore I made a new start. As a lot of people have asked me how I cross compiled the packages, I decided to write down all steps I took to create this cross compilation enviroment. Alas, after trying for more than a week, I finally gave up and moved to the abonded project scratchbox 2.